Would you like to improve your confidence in the water, progress from the pool to the open water, or to sharpen up your race skills?
Our tailored coaching could be just what you’re looking for.
A tailored approach
Our approach to coaching is fundamentally tailored around each client. Rather than teaching everyone the same predefined technique or to strive for elite levels of fitness, we design our coaching sessions to help you achieve your personal swimming goals.
If you’re looking to improve your confidence in the water, we’ll build on your existing strengths, without overloading you with feedback on the finer points of your technique. Likewise, if you’re confident and comfortable in the water, we’ll focus on specific aspects of your stroke and on open water skills that will make the biggest improvement to your swimming.
We also take into account any fitness training you may need and the amount of time you want to commit - there is no minimum commitment, as we coach some clients who want one or two sessions, and others who prefer more regular coaching.
All swimmers welcome
Our flexible approach means our coaching is suitable for pretty much everyone. Coaching is just as valuable for those new to the sport, as it is for competitive swimmers wanting to fine-tune their technique.
To get the most out of our coaching, clients must be able to swim 25 metres comfortably in a swimming pool, however if you're a novice adult swimmer looking for indoor lessons, please get in touch to discuss the options we can offer you.
Most of our clients are looking to improve their technique and gain open water skills. However we’re proud to have helped many clients, each with specific and individual motivation, where using a fixed approach to coaching simply would not have been effective. These include:
- A recreational swimmer looking to achieve an effective and sustainable stroke following a limb amputation
- An ex-serviceman wanting to overcome a near-drowning experience before competing in his first IronMan
- A former elite swimmer needing to modify his stroke following a lasting shoulder injury
- A good pool swimmer who realised she needed coaching two days before her first open water event
We're confident that our flexible and creative approach is the best way to help you achieve your goals, in a way that fits with your lifestyle.
Convenient locations to suit you
We can coach you in various locations across North Wales and in Cheshire, which provide a great choice of lakes, meres, rivers and coastal venues, to fit with your personal objectives.
Experienced & qualified coach
All coaching is provided by Gabby, who has years of experience teaching and coaching adults and children alike. She's competed in numerous open water events, so understands the physical and mental challenges involved and how to apply race tactics effectively. Her swimming qualifications include:
- STA Level 1 Pool to Open Water Swimming Coach
- STA Level 2 Open Water Swimming Coach
- ASA Level 2 Certified Teacher of Aquatics
Gabby also has an extensive understanding of open water, gained from ten years of racing and working on yachts, and various outdoor safety and recreation qualifications:
- RLSS National Beach Lifeguard Qualification
- Rescue3 Europe Swiftwater & Flood Rescue Technician
- PADI Rescue Diver
- BSAC Snorkel Instructor
- RYA Day Skipper
- One-to-one coaching is priced at £45 per hour - our clients find these sessions help them progress quickly towards their goals.
- Group coaching sessions is priced at £25 per person (for groups of 3 - 6 swimmers) and run for 90 minutes - this group format adds a great social or competitive dynamic to the experience.
- Longer development sessions are available for tri-clubs, Masters groups or like-minded friends. Prices start from £275 per day for up to 3 swimmers, so these sessions offer great value.
Please use the form below to make an enquiry and we'll get back to you as soon as we can.
Gone Swimming provides planning services, supervision and safety cover for longer swims (e.g. end-to-end lake swims) and safety cover for swimming events.
We also have considerable experience working with television production companies - we can provide location selection, swim and logistical planning, risk assessments, risk management, and have experience working both on- and off-camera.
Our previous projects include:
- Travel Channel – ‘Man vs. World’
- BBC – ‘Hidden Dangers of the Tudor Home’
- Shropshire Media Network – ‘DIP’