Introduction and aim
Gone Swimming is a small business that runs outdoor swimming holidays in North Wales. We operate from a variety of hostels and cottages around North Wales. We recognise that our operations could result in impact to the environment generally, and the sensitive ecosystems around the coastlines, rivers, and lakes in North Wales. It is our aim to comply with legislation and other requirements, continue to reduce the environmental impacts of our business and operate in an environmentally responsible manner. This policy describes how we will achieve our aim.
This environmental policy applies to all of our operations including management, office services, and delivery of the holiday. The Director of the company is responsible for ensuring that the policy is implemented. However, all employees have a responsibility in their area to ensure that the aims and objectives of the policy are met.
We will ensure that the necessary resources are available to enable us to achieve our objectives and targets.
During our operations we aim to:
- leave no trace when swimming
- encourage our guests to be “rubbish swimmers” and remove litter from the environment
- inform all customers and suppliers of our commitment to reducing our environmental impact
- encourage the accommodation providers that we use to limit their environmental impact
To achieve our aims, we have set ourselves the following targets:
- inform all customers about our environmental policy on the website
- Ensure all employees receive training in environmental awareness
Monitoring and auditing
Progress against these objectives will be monitored through bi-monthly management meetings.