Our ‘Wet Weekends’ are fun and relaxed package holidays which let you swim in a variety of stunning locations in North Wales, while we take care of everything else – expert guiding, transport between swims, comfortable accommodation and delicious home-cooked food.
We also offer vouchers so that you can give a fantastic gift of a swimming holiday. We will post you a personalised voucher, a swimming hat, bumper sticker and totebag to make the gift really special. Just enquire on the form below.
2017 Autum Dates
September: Friday 29 to Sunday October 1
Location: Anglesey- Holyhead
Spaces: Fully Booked
October: 13 to 15 (or 16)
Location: Anglesey- Rhosneigr
Spaces: Spaces remaining
Price: Friday to Sunday - £275
Price: Friday to Monday - £375
At Gone Swimming we are passionate about swimming outdoors in North Wales and we love taking our guests off the beaten path to enjoy some of our favourite swimming spots. We keep our groups small, usually just 7 guests, so we can provide you with an individual and truly personal holiday.
On our trips, we swim at a variety of stunning locations around Anglesey or in the Snowdonia National Park. These locations offer a fantastic variety of lake, river or coastal environments - each one providing you with a unique experience.
With so many great locations to choose from, each holiday follows a different itinerary. We tailor each day to give you the freedom to dip, explore, or swim a certain distance – the holiday is for you to enjoy as you wish. Each morning our guides assess the weather, tides and other factors so that over breakfast we can decide as a group where to swim. We might walk to a nearby beach then swim around the headland to a secret sandy bay or drive into the mountains to swim in the foothills of Snowdon.
Our expert guides are always on hand to keep you safe and to provide all the support you need to enjoy every swim. Both on land and in the water, they will enrich your experience by sharing with you their passion for the outdoors and local knowledge, whether it's pointing out some seals dozing on the rocks or sharing some interesting local history.
Once you've dried off, we provide you with hot drinks and plenty of home-made cake to warm you up and refuel for the next adventure.
We provide simple and comfortable full-board accommodation at one of our carefully selected properties in Anglesey or Snowdonia.
Each property offers separate male and female rooms, each sleeping 2 – 6 people. Rooms are shared only with other Wet Weekend guests. Many of our guests come in small groups or as individual travelers, so find that sharing accommodation helps them get to know each other. This also helps us keep our prices down, making our holidays great value.
Great food is a real focus of our Wet Weekends. We know that our home cooked meals are just as important to our guests as venturing off to swim in beautiful locations. We take great pride in the food we serve to our guests and always ensure there is plenty of it – swimming is hungry work!
The food on your holiday is all prepared by Gabby, who loves using local produce to create delicious and balanced meals each day. We make sure all meals are healthy as well as tasty, and we'll make every effort to accommodate any dietary needs you may have.
- We offer you a simple breakfast – you'll wake up to a choice of porridge, toast and a range of cereals and fruit.
- Once we’re at our first swim spot you can enjoy elevenses – usually a home-made snack such as tortilla, sausage roll or veggie fritters.
- Your first swim will help you work up an appetite for a picnic lunch of sandwiches and soup, followed by home-made cake and biscuits.
- After some more fresh air and great swimming we'll head home so you can shower and relax before enjoying a hearty two course dinner.
- Throughout the day, cake and hot drinks are always on hand. Many of our guests swim with us time and time again – saying they first came for the swimming but they came back for the cake!
Wet Weekends are priced as a package and run from 2pm on the start day to 2pm on the last day. This includes:
- Guided and fully supported swims each day
- Collection from a local train station, if required
- Transport to and from all swim locations
- Wetsuit hire
- 30L dry bag ruck sac for all your kit
- Swimming hat for you to keep
- Warm changing robe
- Two nights’ accommodation
- All meals during your stay
Discounts are available for larger groups and repeat bookings. To make an enquiry, please use the form below and we'll get back to you as soon as we can.